Barry Callebaut is the heart and engine of the cocoa and chocolate industry.
We are looking for a Safety Coordinator at our location in Zundert.
Our broad range of products and services span all aspects from cocoa sourcing to fine chocolate products, which are loved by people of all ages worldwide. We are passionate about our business and work hard every day to ensure that there is enough chocolate in the world. Nothing is more important to our success than the combined expertise of more than 9000 Barry Callebaut employees around the world. Our international focus in the fascinating world of cocoa-growing and chocolate are the colorful backdrop to our many functions across a wide range of disciplines. In addition to sharing a passion for chocolate, Barry Callebaut our corporate values every day –customer focus, entrepreneurship, integrity and team spirit.
Barry Callebaut in Zundert is re-enforcing its safety first culture which is driven by our dedicated international SHE team.
Working under the authority of the Plant Manager, the safety coordinator is responsible for applying the professional practices required of Health, Safety and Environment. Professionals at a Barry Callebaut work site to achieve the corporate goal of zero incidents. This person must consistently convey mature professional judgment, be competent in safety management, systems, technical and managerial knowledge required. He/she should be able to apply them in a work setting with minimal supervision.
Safety Coordinator Responsibilities
• Advising on provisions to minimize safety risks
• Developing and enforcing OSH policies
• Directing accident investigation procedures
We are looking for an experienced Safety Coordinator to help us minimize the risk of job-related accidents. You will monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities. You will also develop policies to promote occupational health and safety (OSH) awareness.
Safety coordinators should be well-versed in all OSH dictations. Your work will be focused on prevention so you need to be diligent and analytical. You will possess a keen eye for detail and a sensitivity for potential dangers.
The goal is to support the creation of a healthy and safe workplace.
• Advise on provisions to minimize safety risks
• Develop and enforce OSH policies (e.g. accident reporting process)
• Direct accident investigation procedures
• Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions
• Organize and conduct OSH training plans
• Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
• Intervene in unsafe activities or operations
• Liaise with and report to official regulatory bodies on OSH matters
• Proven experience as safety coordinator or similar
• In-depth knowledge of OSH guidelines and practices
• Experience in reporting and developing policies
• Experience in implementing OSH training programs
• Proficient in MS Office
• Excellent communication and advisory skills
• Diligent with an analytical mind
• BSc/Ba in business administration, law or relevant field